Are you happy or unhappy?

오후 4:54



I've been thinking about happiness for quite a bit as there are times when I'm really unhappy. People try hard to be happy. They buy books about happiness, or buy things that they want or do things that they like and when something they don't want happens they think they are unhappy. But why are there so many people who thinks they are unhappy and try hard to achieve that "happiness"? and what exactly is "happiness"?

In the modern society it's seen as a joyful feeling and it's also seen as something that people SHOULD be feeling.

Happiness does not exist, well at least it's not something permanent. There are times you feel happy but there are also times when you feel miserable. Happiness is a moment of feeling and it cannot last forever. There is nothing wrong with feeling sad, miserable and all the other negative feelings. So it's not quite right to reach that happiness all the time because it does not exist.

There are so many books about happiness, which teaches you how to be happy. It makes people feel like there is a way to be happy for the rest of their life or at least for a long term. But that's not true. I used to think human's natural state is being happy and because I can't be happy all the time, it made me feel like there was something wrong with my life and felt like it was not good enough.

You lose moments when you think you are unhappy. See every moment as how it is instead of wasting your moment thinking your life is not good enough.

(via Daily Zen)

When something bad happens, you think you are unhappy and your life is unhappy and your thought carries on. But instead, see it as an event. So you can say "I'm disappointed because of that" and move on with your life rather than identifying it as unhappy moment. Same goes for good events. Instead of saying I'm happy and trying hard to make that happiness last forever, you can say "I am glad this happened or I'm proud of myself" etc and move on.

So whether you are happy or not, it's ok. But try not to chase the illusion of happiness, rather see every moment as how it is. 





You Might Also Like

0 개의 댓글

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe