DIY Bohemian Style Bookmarks

오후 4:35


For some reason I always lose my bookmarks and whenever I need to use one I can't find one. I like to keep my books clean and new but because I don't have a bookmark I end up folding the corner of a page. So to prevent this from happening again, I've decided to make bohemian style bookmarks that are easy and quick to make! It only took me 5min to create each bookmarks and I love the look of them too.


What you will need:

1. Thin sticks
2. Craft ropes
3. A scissors
4. Paint
5. Small paint brush
6. Any colour threads
7. Hot glue gun
8. Any other dried plants to decorate


1. Use a thread (any colour you prefer) to wrap around the dried plants around the stick. Make sure to tie the end twice so it doesn't get undone.


2. Use a hot glue gun to glue the end of the stick first then wrap around using a rope at the end of the stick. 


3. To decorate another stick, cut ten pieces of 12cm length strings.


4. Use the hot glue gun to glue the middle of the strings near the end of the stick.


5. Use a separate string to tie around the top of the strings.


6. Trim the strings to clean the edges.


7. I've made three bookmarks. Use a paint to decorate the strings. In this case, I used white paint to decorate the sticks but you can use any other colour. You can draw dots, lines, triangles etc to decorate. Wait for the paint to dry and you are done!



Here's the final look of the second bookmark! The strings will allow you to pick it up easier.



Another bookmark that I made. I personally like this one the most as it's got more colour. I suggest you to create one using bright threads (if you haven't already) as it brightens up the design.


I hope you enjoyed this DIY tutorial and comment down below how you will decorate yours!

Follow The tender garden on instagram and facebook




You Might Also Like

0 개의 댓글

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe